Mr. Browne's Precept

Was hunting for a used camera for my wife and had been browsing online for weeks to locate a suitable set.

The targeted model consisted of an interchangeable lens and a camera body, which valued at S$250 and S$300 respectively, used.

After contacting a couple potential sellers, was really glad to stumble across a pristine set which was immaculately taken care of, being sold by a friendly and genuine online seller.

After several text exchanges with this genuine seller, was surprised that the final question that KC enquired was the purpose of my purchase.

"It is for non-commercial use for my wife." was my response.

"Alright, buy the lens for S$200 and it will come with the camera body for free." was in the bubble in his text reply to myself.

"No way! What's the catch?" I questioned.

"No catch. There are still nice people in Singapore." KC replied.

I could not believe my stroke of luck when I finally held the pristine camera in my hands.

And how grateful I was to be on the receiving end of KC's kindness, which his exemplary example has served as a reminder to myself to continually be kind to those around me, whenever the opportunity arises.

Thank you, KC, for believing in being kind.

Your kindness will be deeply remembered.

When given the choice between being right or being kind, choose kind.

- Dr. Wayne W. Dyer

Quote above extracted from the book Wonder by R.J. Palacio

Comments

Popular Posts