Not that $34 Cup

Was enjoying a really good cup of cuppuccino at a downtown joint with my wife.

Noticed the beautifully made clay cup in my hands which complemented the slightly bitter aromatic coffee I was having. The texture, size, finishing and ash grey colour of the clay cup was to me, like a piece of art!

"This cup would be great for all my drinks at home!" I mentioned to my wife.

And this sudden want of mine would set me back a small fortune of $34.
(The coffee joint was selling these irresistible cups brand new)

As I sipped my cuppu and pondered if to proceed with the purchase, I started to realise that the coffee was making my tastebuds dance! That was how good the unassuming coffee in front of me was.

In the end, I decided to make that purchase.

But not for that $34 cup but instead for 4 more cups of coffee to share with my work mates.
(Actually 3 of them were green tea lattes as my wife's cup of the same was equally delightful)

All I wished then, was to share the enjoyment that I had experienced with my wonderful coffee, rather than just selfishly enjoying the cup alone.

Yes, I could have purchased both the colleagues coffee and the $34 cup.
But I find greater pleasure to share what I have and have experienced.

This "life" money, which I have earned in exchange with the time I have on earth, should be spent more wisely and carefully, isn't it?

And I am grateful for the opportunity to share.

Comments

Popular Posts