The Oily Frying Pan

"Why is the frying pan still so oily?", I questioned myself repeatedly, absentmindedly.


I had used a generous amount of dish soap and had scrubbed the pan multiple times with the sponge in hand. But still, after completing every single wash, my fingers still felt its greasiness as I ran them over the surface of the pan.



Only after stepping back, and allowing time to thoroughly evaluate the situation, that I finally realized that it was my own fingers, which were stained with oil during the dish washing session. 



And the pan was in fact, spotlessly clean.

_________________________________________________________________________________

There had been occasions where I had my fingers pointed at others, blaming them for the unfavourable situation we were in, only to realize that I was the sole underlying cause of the problem.

Hence I see a continual need to remind myself, that whenever I "point with my index finger" at others, the remaining fingers are all pointing towards myself.

Wisdom tends to grow in Proportion to One's Awareness of One's Ignorance

- Anthony de Mello





Comments

Popular Posts